Lincoln Square, Chicago, IL
As the longest continuously operating theater with the City of Chicago, The Davis Theater had original design elements covered or removed over the years such as ornate pilaster colonnade capitals, moldings, and original pipe organs. It was built originally in 1918 as the Pershing Theater for live performances and silent films and converted into multiple theaters in the 1930's and renamed the Davis Theater.
The renovation consists of combining two of the four theaters going back to a three theater movie house, new theater seating, new screens, concessions, ticketing, expanded restrooms, family restrooms, new surround sounds and projectors. The theater lobby will internally connect into the neighboring four storefront spaces with a lounge, restaurant, and bar where the depth of those spaces will be deepened to allow for a more generous and welcoming atmosphere.
Interior Design by Analogous